PRP Facial aka "Vampire Facial"
While re-injecting your own blood into your face might sound like something out of a Bram Stoker novel, it gives your skin the PRP necessary to renew itself. If you’re looking for the best treatment for any skin problems, nothing is better than your own body.
Try a PRP facial aka "vampire facial" to experience the healing effects of using your own PRP to promote healing and skin regeneration. Contact our office today and get your own vampire facial scheduled!
Vampire facials aren’t as scary as they sound — and we promise that there are no vampires involved!
A PRP facial uses the Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) in your own body to help encourage skin growth and healing, a process similar to microneedling. But before you sign up for the PRP facial, it’s important to understand the difference of a PRP facial and it's benefits for you.
Read below to learn more about PRP facials — available at Third Circle Medical in Columbia — and how they differ from a microneedling appointment. Schedule an appointment at our local medical office and let our nurse practitioner help you fall in love with your skin again.
Yes — PRP facials involve blood. But you don’t need Dracula’s help when you schedule a PRP aka "vampire facial" at our medical office.
Unlike microneedling, which uses a special serum, you’re getting your own PRP re-injected into your face, minus Platelet-Poor Plasma (PPP). In short, a PRP facial uses your own cells to help promote new tissue growth and healthy skin.
Treating different skin conditions like:
- Collagen and Volume Loss
- Crow's Feet
- Dark under-eye circles
- Large Pores
- Roughly textured skin
- Uneven skin tone
- Acne scarring
What to Expect
Frequently Asked Questions
Make an Appointment
- What is PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)The PRP in your own body is not something that can be re-created in any cosmetic product because they’re cells that are unique to you, giving a cleaner version of cells that already help your skin grow and heal.
- Who performs the MicroNeedling and PRP procedureMicroNeedling is a medical induction therapy of collagen. Our highly trained nurse practitioners perform the MicroNeedling Procedure with PRP. As part of their training, our nurse practitioners understand the depth of the penetration of the needles and apply the appropriate depths depending upon the skin issues and concerns. The depths of penetration of the SkinPen with the medical-grade can range from .25 to 2.5 mm. Unlike home-use devices that hardly penetrate beyond .2 mm depth. The other issue with home devices is that the needles are of poor quality that can cause more harm than good to the skin. In the office of Third Circle Medical, we take tremendous pride that you will always be treated with our professionally trained and caring staff.
- Will MicroNeedling hurtUnlike the home treatments that can be purchased on the internet, the SkinPen is a medical-grade quality that can go deeper into the skin requiring a topical anesthetic to be applied to numb the area being treated. The numbing greatly helps reduce the feeling of the tiny needles penetrating. When the PRP is applied there is immediate comfort and relief from your own healing platelets.
- What can I expect after the treatment is doneThe microneedling creates a sunburn-like pinkness or flush that lasts approximately 3 days. Within hours of being treated the warmth, effect reduces to a minimum and by the next day, the skin can have slight itchiness. Post-treatment kits are given to every patient in which topical creams are used to soothe and reduce post-inflammatory responses. Most patients return to their natural color within 3-4 days. A very light flakey peel can occur during these 3-4 days.
- When will I see resultsIt is recommended to have three treatments done 4 weeks apart. Your skin will look healthier right away after each treatment looking smoother and more even-toned. Final results are very dependent on your initial level of sun-damage, skin issues, and general health of the skin. For most people, the final results can take up to 3 to 6 months for your skin to naturally form the collagen and elastin.
- Consultation VisitWe offer a free consultation visit to learn more about your skin care needs and desired goals. Call us today to schedule.
- Individual Patient Results may vary
PRP Services Forms